Tomatoes have long been known to have health benefits. Lycopene in tomatoes is an antioxidant, helping the body fight many diseases and cancer. Lycopene is a substance that the body cannot create, but only supplement through diet …
Every day should drink 1 cup of tomato juice. In 100g fresh ripe tomatoes will meet 13% of the daily need for Vitamin A, 8% of the daily requirement of Vitamin B6, from 33-50% of the need for Vitamin C. In addition, there is also Vitamin B1 (0.06mg), B2. (0.04mg), PP (0.5mg). Nutrients such as protein, sugar, fat and trace minerals Calcium, Iron, Potassium … are good for skin beauty, anti-aging, wrinkle removal, and anti-cardiovascular disease.
According to recent studies, tomatoes also work to prevent liver obstruction, prevent cirrhosis.
Eating ripe tomatoes is better when eating raw tomatoes. If you eat raw tomatoes, you should: Choose raw tomatoes that have natural colors, without being supported or crushed. Before using, it is necessary to wash tomatoes with salt water to eliminate chemicals as well as pesticides.
Tomatoes are very nutritious and have many uses, but if you do not know how to use them properly can affect your health! Below are some of the health risks associated with improper use of tomatoes.
1. Do not eat tomatoes and cucumbers at the same time: Because cucumbers contain a catabolic enzyme, will destroy the vitamin C content in other vegetables. Meanwhile, tomatoes are a vegetable that contains a large amount of vitamin C. If you eat two foods together, the vitamin C in tomatoes will be broken down and destroyed by the catabolic enzymes found in cucumbers. .
2. Do not eat tomato seeds: Tomato seeds as well as guava seeds, in the intestinal tract, cannot be digested. During the intestinal transport of food, people fear that it can get into the appendix, causing appendicitis. Children should not eat foods with a lot of seeds, especially those with a camen substance that can cause constipation, and when rejuvenating, it is easy to become constricted by worms, which are unhealthy.
3. Do not eat tomatoes when hungry: Because pectin and phenolic resin contains much in tomatoes. When you eat tomatoes when you are hungry, these substances can react with acids, greatly affecting the stomach. Stomach consumption of these substances can cause vomiting and abdominal pain. Therefore, should not eat tomatoes while hungry, especially for fat loss with tomatoes, it is necessary to consider carefully when using.
4. Do not use cooked tomatoes for a long time: When using tomatoes that have been thoroughly cooked or left for a long time, nutrition and flavor will be lost. Besides, if eating tomatoes without nutrients, it can cause food poisoning, not good for health.
5. Don’t eat green tomatoes: Unripe tomatoes contain a large amount of “alkaloid” factors that, if consumed, will cause more food poisoning. The symptoms of poisoning from eating green tomatoes are usually nausea, vomiting, salivation, weakness, fatigue and other symptoms … even severe cases can be life-threatening. When the tomatoes are ripe, the toxic substances in the tomatoes called “alkaloids” will decrease gradually and will disappear in the red ripe tomatoes. Therefore, with unripe green tomatoes, absolutely not to enjoy.
6. Do not eat too many tomatoes: Because eating too many tomatoes can lead to the body intolerance of this food even a small amount. If the condition is not treated in time, for a long time, prolonged illness will lead to more serious diseases of the gastrointestinal tract such as stomach pain and gas retention. Symptoms of this phenomenon vary from person to person. If the body does not absorb potatoes, chili or pepper, it cannot tolerate tomatoes.