1. LIGHTEN HAIR WITH A MIST – Oribe Bright Blonde Sun Lightening Hair Mist
Which chemicals are the stars of this hair-lightening mist? Extracts of lemon and chamomile work synergistically to softly brighten blonde hair and highlights. Due to the fact that the solution is heat-activated, you’ll need to place your hair under a dryer or sit in the sun (obviously while wearing a big ol’ glob of SPF) to reap the brightening effects. Additionally, may we take a brief moment to enjoy the packaging? Consider how lovely it is.
3. ASK YOUR STYLIST ABOUT VITAMIN C POWDER – 365 Everyday Value High Potency Vitamin C Powder
4. LIGHTEN HAIR WITH APPLE CIDER VINEGAR – Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
To be honest, it’s difficult to find a hair DIY that doesn’t include apple cider vinegar, owing to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities. Along with gently cleaning your scalp of product buildup and excess oil, ACV can also help lighten your hair (especially if your natural highlights are on the warmer side). Fill a spray bottle halfway with ACV and water, spritz it on your hair, and let it stay for a few minutes before rinsing it off. Bear in mind that you will most likely not notice quick results—try repeating this method twice weekly for a month.
5. GO LIGHTER WITH A CINNAMON AND HONEY HAIR MASK – Nature Nate’s 100% Pure Raw & Unfiltered Organic Honey
7. TRY A BRIGHTENING SHAMPOO – Christophe Robin Brightening Shampoo with Chamomile
This luxurious little shampoo is a must-have for anybody interested in progressively lightening their hair color. The formula’s chamomile (a natural brightener) and cornflower (an antioxidant-rich extract) ingredients work together to gently and effectively lighten virgin and color-treated hair. It’s also lightweight enough to be used on a daily basis.