According to the World Health Organization, health is defined as a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, rather than simply the absence of sickness.
As a result, in order to have a healthy life, one must be physically, intellectually, and socially fulfilled.
Physical health recommendations (morning to night):
1. Always awake in the morning (6 a.m. to 8 a.m.), but only after having had at least 6-8 hours of sleep the night before. There is no need to get up at 4 a.m. every morning. Although getting up at or before 8 a.m. is usually recommended, it is not mandatory.
2. Immediately after waking up in the morning, drink a glass of hot water.
3. Try to take a stroll first thing in the morning (else an evening walk will do).
4. Eat a hearty meal first thing in the morning. Breakfast should be finished by 10 a.m. if possible.
5. The afternoon meal should be served between 12 p.m. and 2 p.m..
6. Indulge in a late-night snack.
7. Dinner should be completed between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. 7.
8. Try not to consume any salt-based diet after 8 p.m. for the sake of your health.
9. Sleep till 10-11 p.m., so that you can wake up after 6 to 8 hours of sleep. Always keep mobile phones away from your bedside table when sleeping, as getting a good night’s sleep is quite important.
10. Drink at least 3-4 liters of water throughout the day to maintain your skin shining and to keep you hydrated as much as possible.
11. Use a mask while you’re in dusty or polluted conditions.
12. Try to stay away from tobacco and alcohol as much as possible.
Tips for maintaining good mental health (from the morning to the evening):
1. Practice yoga or meditation for at least 20-30 minutes per day (ideally between 6 am to 8 am).
2. Make every effort to keep your rage under control. Always attempt to imagine yourself in his or her shoes to keep your fury under control.
3. Always remember that if you are upset, it will only have an adverse effect on your health.
4. Try not to put too much pressure on yourself and others, since this will not harm you.
5. Make every effort to set higher expectations for yourself, as this will serve as motivation.
6. Maintain your composure and consider your words before speaking, rather than regretting your words later.
7. No matter what the situation, always maintain your composure under pressure. When you find yourself unable to manage your temper, consider the following strategies:
• watch yourself in the mirror
• do deep breathing for 2min
• go for a walk or a short run and think of the whole scenario only in a positive way.
If at least any one of these is done, your anger will vanish.
Suggestions for maintaining social well-being:
1. Whenever possible, try to greet everyone with a cheerful “good morning” and a bright grin in the morning.
2. Make an effort to be really modest in front of your peers (family).
3. When you’re out and about, strive to be the first to say thank you or apologize. As a result, you will make a positive impression, and apologizing after a disagreement will help to diffuse the situation.
4. Make an effort to assist the elderly.
5. Try to engage in conversation with your family and friends rather than sitting by yourself.
6. Make an effort to avoid being alone and instead seek out social situations.
In this way, a person who is able to bring the physical, mental, and social environments into perfect harmony will only be considered healthy, rather than simply having the absence of sickness.